Pages

To Capturing Life...

Did you just get your new camera? Do you want to make the leap from snapping photos to making arts? Then I invite you to take that journey with me, an artistically challenged guy who enjoys capturing life's moments with a pound of technology and an ounce of creativity. I hope my site can ignite your spark of imagination. Let's record the light of our lives together!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Toronto Trip

I visited Toronto over a weekend to meet some of their professors at UT for grad school. I thoroughly enjoyed the city as I got wonderful weather, great scenery, and most of all, the best friends who offered me food, shelter and lots of fun! =)


This is my first time doing travel photography with my DSLR. I found it actually quite challenging as time was the essence. When I travel, I like to keep moving: I walked 7 hours straight around downtown on Saturday and more on Sunday. Squeezing carefully planned shots in there was definitely not easy - you don't get the luxury of going back and forth to find the perfect shot. However, with today's DSLR, I can afford to take repeat shots. I actually found that very useful. Taking the photo the moment I thought something was pretty, then as I walk on, I took the same thing at another angle and sorted it out later on the computer. This will work if you got a large memory stick.

I think my next step is to picture the subject in my head, figure out where and how I should get the shot first, then walk over to take only 1 shot - 1 good shot of my subject. I hope that will come with lots of shutter counts and more thinking ahead!

-M


6 comments:

  1. Nice pics of TO :) I especially like the one with the little kid sitting amongst the plants.

    PS. Did you take a pic of a random couple kissing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Whoever this is! LOL! You have got to leave your name =P

    and yes I don't know the couple... but I mean they were doing a photoshoot right in the middle of the castle... what do they expect =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice pics Max :) your pictures always have a warm, serene feeling to them. I hope you post some tips, since I'm pretty sure I'm more artistically challenged than you are haha =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello max! didn't know you had a blogggg. Nice photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Siyi! Thank you so much for the encouragement =) I will certainly post some "tips" when I can word them coherently. I'm thinking of a post on white balance in the near future - and I think that'll make your photos look warm =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosahhh!! you are like my very first follower!! thanks so much hhaha! =) and I loved your DP on FB it's bokehlicious =)

    ReplyDelete