Pages

To Capturing Life...

Did you just get your new camera? Do you want to make the leap from snapping photos to making arts? Then I invite you to take that journey with me, an artistically challenged guy who enjoys capturing life's moments with a pound of technology and an ounce of creativity. I hope my site can ignite your spark of imagination. Let's record the light of our lives together!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A portfolio in progress

I've always loved doing scrapbook! Now that I've acquired my DSLR, I've extended my project to include a hard copy portfolio!

This post will be dedicated to the purchases I have made in preparation to this portfolio. If you like any of the stuff, you can always come and talk to me, and I'll hook you up!

First thing first, the core of the portfolio (next to the photos of course) - THE ALBUM!

Price: ~ CND$ 35
Size: 26 cm x 39 cm per page with 18 pages (36 sides)
Binding: Fabric backbone with heavy-duty paper cover.

As you can see in the second photo, this is quite a monster size album! The pictures you see in there are 8x10inch! You still have plenty of room to write. Every page is actually a "sandwich" with 450 g white paper inside covered by 350g black paper. 

I bought this in China, custom made, you could adjust the paper colours, cover image etc etc. Something that's even remotely like this would go for ~80 dollars here...

Second - Photo Corners.

This is 100 of them. Very standard photo corner with self adhesive layer on the back. Clear top cover. =)



Then of course, every album cannot lack little ornaments! 
They are all made out of brass. Very good quality built. Got a good weight to them as well! I bought this bunch for ~3 dollars! =)!

Finally I bought a few tools:
This ruler has plastic scale on one side and metal coating on the other. Very good for cutting paper using a knife!

A bunch of white heavy weight (450 g) paper and very thin, translucent paper to divide the photos so they won't stick together!


That's it, all my purchases from China! This will be my very own portfolio in progress. Hope this gave you some ideas. And if you have some ideas for me, please comment/email me! More specifically, do you have any suggestion on where to put those metal ornaments? =)

Thanks again for reading!

Max






2 comments:

  1. Hey Max! I'm very impressed with your blog! It looks really nice! You say you're artistically challenged, but from the looks of this blog -it begs to differ ;)
    anyways, photography is great and it's cool you'r so into it. I love the angles at which you took your photos too :)

    keep it up!

    Cheers,
    Ames~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy! Thank you so much for the encouragement =)! Maybe we should have lunch sometimes Amy!

    ReplyDelete